Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake
Eid Mubarak again and here I come with the very much demanded cake recipe everyone was asking about. A very dear friend of mine forwarded me the recipe. She made it on her son's birthday and it was loved by everyone. Now where did she get the recipe from? 😊 We got the Sponge cake idea with the fresh strawberry filling from natasha's kitchen. Her cheese cream wasn't stiff enough for me to create a 'clean cake look' so I here would have preferred to use my recipe for a very clean and stiff cream cheese recipe which I will mention below as well. On top the flower design was made by the classic sugary butter cream which is basically great to create these beautiful flowers.
You can check out natasha's page or simple just scroll down to get the recipe with my slightly changed idea to achieve the same pattern seen on the picture above.
So here is the recipe:
Makes a 9 inch cake
Baking time 25 minutes
Ingredients for the European Sponge:
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sieved flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup of cold whipping cream
- 450g (2 packets) of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of icing sugar
To make the cream cheese more stiff use this recipe:
- 250 ml of cold whipping cream
- 250g of cold mascarpone cheese
- 250g of cream cheese
- 1-2 cups of icing sugar (depending on how stiff and sweet you need it to be)
Ingredients for the buttercream:
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- Food color
PLUS 150g of fresh strawberries pureed in a mixer till saucy.
Method for the Sponge:
- Beat the eggs for 3 minutes till they become light and creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar while continuously mixing till the air gets nicely in cooperated into the batter.
- In a separate bowl sieve together the flour and the baking powder.
- At last add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 3 parts while mixing in between with a hand whisk. At this point do NOT over mix just mix till the flour is nicely incorporated.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes till golden brown.
Method for the Cream Cheese:
- Beat the cold whipping cream till stiff
- In another bowl mix together the cheese cream with the sugar
- Fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Keep aside for frosting
My version of cream cheese:
- Whip all together on high speed till all is nicely incorporated ans it's ready.
Method of butter cream:
- In a bowl beat the butter for 4 minutes till it becomes nice and creamy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar while continuously mixing for approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Make 3 parts of it and color with different colors.
- Full into piping bags and use.
Final cake assemble:
- Cut the cake into layers
- Fill on layer with the strawberry pureed and the other layer with cream cheese. Assemble the layers.
- Cover the entire cake with cream cheese and smooth out the edges.
- Pipe the rose flowers on top and serve chilled.
Hope you enjoy making this cake and let me know how it turned out.
Happy Baking 😊