Chicken Pakoras [Ramadan Special]
Best Chicken Pakoras
Ramadan without Pakoras is like a tea without a tea bag. Alright I agree it's a lame comparison, but honestly you don't want to miss out this extra-ordinary recipe. I tried many versions of Pakoras, but nothing can beat this recipe. Why is it so special? Because it is not made like the typical ordinary Pakoras. Oh wait, if you don't know what Pakoras are or how the basic Pakora recipe is made, then let me explain to you: basically these are kind of dumplings made of chickpea flour. You can make them with all kind of veggies. Traditionally you find them mixed with spices and herbs. Ones you mix the veggies (classically: potatoes, onions, spinach & eggplants) with the chickpea flour and the herbs, you have to add some water to make a thick paste. Then you simply deep fry them and serve them with some chutneys.
Usually traditional chicken pakoras are made by raw chicken and while deep frying it, it gets cooked anyway. But this recipe is made out of cooked & shredded chicken. It is almost a fusion of Chicken nuggets & traditional pakoras.
So here is the great 'diyalicious' Chicken Pakoras Recipe:
- 300g boneless Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchoor Powder (Mango Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- Fresh Mint leaves
- 150g Chickpeas Flour
- 1-2 Fresh Green Chilies (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Boil the chicken and keep aside to cool.
- Shred the chicken (in a mixer). Don't make it to a paste.
- Add all spices, the cut mint leaves and the green chilies.
- Mix in the chickpea flour.
- Gradually add water to make a very thick paste.
- Heat up a wok pan with oil. Ones the oil is hot deep fry the mixture by adding spoon-wise.
- Serve with your favorite chutney/sauce. Enjoy hot 😋
Hope you try these extra-ordinary delicious Pakoras.