Scrumptious Chicken & Mushroom Pie
Fast Chicken & Mushroom Pie
I am making this recipe for years now and it always turned out to be just luscious. Chicken and Mushroom Pie is so easy to make and tastes fabulous. One of my all time favorite dish for Ramadan* as well. The plus point for this recipe is that you can bake this in many small aluminium containers (one portion each container) and freeze them. Whenever in hurry you may just take them out and bake. This is why this recipe is an excellent choice for busy days. You could prepare the chicken mushroom pie containers in advance and then just bake them whenever needed for Iftar* or lunch/dinner.
I personally prefer the inside 'sauce' to be on the thicker side but lots of my friends like it if it's prepared soupy. So you may add more or less chicken stock to this recipe, according to how thick you like your inside pie to be.
Well then, here's the easy to prepare recipe for you:
- 50g Butter
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 300 g Mushroom sliced
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Thyme
- 40g Flour
- 150g Double cream
- 50g Creme Fraiche
- 300ml Chicken stock (or less)
- 300g Puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat Butter in a pan and sauté the sliced onion till translucent.
- Add mushrooms & garlic and cook till the mushrooms change color (approx. 5mins)
- Now put inside the cubed chicken and again cook till the chicken changes color. Mix in thyme.
- Sprinkle flour into the pan and gradually mix in the double cream while constantly stirring. Mix in the Creme Fraiche as well.
- Add the chicken stock and cook till your required thickness
- Roll out the puff pastry to thin sheets and place them in a heatproof dish.
- Add the lukewarm chicken mushroom mixture into the dish and cover it with another rolled out sheet of puff pastry.
- Poke in some holes with a fork and brush beaten egg on top.
- Bake for 15-20 mins at 180°C till golden brown.
- Serve hot
Hope you will try out making this scrumptious recipe & let me know how it turned out.
Happy Baking 😊
*Ramadan: Islamic month when Muslims fast
*Sahur (Sehri): Morning meal (before Sunrise)
*Iftar: Evening Meal (after Sunset)