OREO Drip Cake
YOU CAN'T RESIST THIS
OREO Chocolate Drip Cake
This amazing cake will be an eye catcher in every party. Not only will everyone love the design but also the great Oreo taste. This cake will definitely become everyone's favorite. You will just need the perfect Chocolate Cake Recipe, the Butter Cream Recipe and the Chocolate Drip. Always remember that your cake will taste after the chocolate you gonna use, so do use the best possible dark chocolate available. You can basically make it to your favorite Biscuit Cake. If you like Butter Nut Biscuits then go head and make your very own Butter Nut biscuit cake.
So here's the basic recipe:
Makes approx. 8 pieces
Baking time approx. 40 mins
Ingredients for the Chocolate Sponge:
- 175g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 175g Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs (room temperature)
- 250g All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa-Powder
- 50g Dark Chocolate (melted)
Butter Cream Frosting Ingredients:
- 450g Icing Sugar
- 226g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-4 tbsp Milk
Chocolat Drip Ingredients:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C and butter or spray a non-stick baking pan (22cm) 8-inch
- In a bowl beat together the butter and the sugar till color changes into a light one.
- Then gradually add one by one egg and mix in between.
- In another bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder and the cocoa-powder.
- In a double boiler melt the dark chocolate and keep aside to cool.
- Add the dry ingredient slowly into the wet ingredients (do not over beat)
- Mix the melted chocolate into the cake batter
- Pour the batter into a non-stick baking pan and bake for approx. 40mins at 180 degree C.
Butter Cream Recipe:
- Beat together in a bowl the butter till smooth
- add vanilla extract and gradually add the sugar
- add about 2 tbsp of milk and beat to combine
- At last beat the mixture on high speed till the rosting becomes light and fluffy (approx. 3-5mins)
Extras: you may add less sugar if you find it too sweet
Chocolate Drip Recipe:
- Melt the Chocolate on a double boiler
- Ones melted add the butter to it and stir till nice and creamy (use it on the cake when room temperature)
Combine the cake:
- Cut the cake in 2 or 4 layers
- Fill with Butter Cream and broken Oreo biscuits
- Cover the complete cake with Butter Cream
- After cooling the Chocolate Drip pour it on top of the cake and let the edges drip down
Hope you will try out this recipe