Onion & Cheese Tart
Cheesy Cheese Tart
This recipe might not look so tempting but tastes so heavenly. When I first time made this, it was overcooked as I had no idea how long to make such Cheese Tart but keeping an eye on it and only baking it till light golden brown makes it taste so creamy and cheesy. And honestly, who doesn't like cheese. I even tried this recipe with mozzarella cheese and it also turned out delicious. If you like it little South-Asian style, you may add a pinch of coriander powder. For those who don't want to make it with onions, those can try out the yummy combination of fine cut mushrooms and cheese. Instead of sautéing the onions first, you then just have to sauté the mushroom in butter first and add the cream and cheese. Make your very own licious cheesy Tart and enjoy with family & friends.
So here's the recipe for you:
Ingredients for the Tart Dough:
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 200g Flour
- 4 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 1tbsp Butter (or Oil)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- 250g Cheese (Cheddar)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- Dissolve the yeast and the sugar in lukewarm milk.
- Add the egg yolk into it and beat with a fork.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt and room-temperatured butter. Knead it into a dough while using the milk mixture. Keep aside!
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry onion till translucent. Turn off stove
- Add cream, cheese, eggs, black Pepper and salt and mix with a spoon.
- Now take the kneaded dough (of no. 3) and roll it out into a thick round shape and place it into a greased pie dish. Keep a crust at the sides.
- Pour the onion-cream mixture onto the dough and roll the extra crust sides of the dough on top (see picture).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve hot
Hope you enjoy making this Tart at home
Happy Baking 😊