Low-Calorie Chocolate Mousse
The Original Chocolate Mousse
And a special addition for the diet conscious sweet lovers ➡
The LOW-CALORIE Chocolate Mousse
I am actually famous for my sweet treats within my family and friend's circle. Whenever friends visit my place they can always expect a sweet dish. And you will never fail to impress people with a home made Chocolate Mousse. I have already made this for different occasions and it was always a huge 'Party-Hit'. I recommend to make small pre-pared portions so people find it easier to eat and this way you can decorate them even fancier.
As I always say when giving away recipes, 'The quality of the ingredients really does matter a lot.' So even for this Chocolate Mousse recipe you want to use your best available Dark Chocolate.
Oh and for the those who want to avoid Heavy whipping Cream and a huge amount of Sugar, can use my Low-calories recipe. After all nothing should stop you to enjoy some sweet treats.
So here are the recipes:
Original Chocolate Mousse:(Serves 6)
- 3 Eggs
- 250ml Heavy Whipping Cream
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 40g Sugar
- 2 tbsp hot Water
- Separate egg white from the egg yolks and beat the egg whites till stiff
- In a separate bowl beat the whipping cream (keep aside)
- Place a saucepan over a pot filled with water and melt the Dark Chocolate. Keep aside to cool
- Beat together the egg yolks with 2 tbsp of hot water. Then gradually add the sugar.
- Now slowly add the (cooled) melted Chocolate
- At last mix in the (previously beated) egg whites and the beated whipping cream. At this point do not over beat instead just mix it lightly till all ingredients are well in cooperated.
- Garnish with Berries and whipping cream
- Keep in the refrigerator for some hours till set.
- Serve cool
Low-calories Chocolate Mousse
- 85g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Coffee
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 50g Yogurt
- In a bowl mix together the cocoa powder, coffee and 2 tbsp of cold water and the chocolate.
- Place the saucepan over a pot of filled with water and cook till the chocolate is melted. (Keep aside to cool)
- Add yogurt to the cooled chocolate-mixture
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl till stiff then add those into the chocolate-mixture as well. Don't over mix it.
- Garnish with Berries
- Keep in the refrigerator for some hours and serve cool.
Hope you enjoy making this recipe
Let me know how it turned out
Good luck 😊