Easy Sausage & Rice Casserole
Sausage & Rice Casserole for dinner
Great recipe for toddlers
I discovered this recipe when I was looking something to cook for my two toddlers. It is not easy to please them so I keep on trying new recipes. Toddlers and Kids usually love sausages, so this one is a great lunch or dinner idea with rice AND it's quick. I made this recipe with sausages but you can actually change it to your liking. Instead of sausages you could use tuna fish, boneless chicken, mushrooms or any other veggies. You can use any kind of rice (I used an South Indian Rice Jeerakasala -as it is easy to eat for kids) but you can use Basmati or Brown Rice etc. Even if you have left over rice of yesterday, this recipe could turn old rice into a new dish. The best part about this meal is that the tomatoes make it very juicy and flavorful. To complete the the meal you may serve it with a healthy season salad.
So here's the quick recipe:
1 1/2 cups Rice
4 Green Chilies (optional)
1 Bay leaf
1 tsp Black Pepper
Salt to taste
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pot and fry onion.
2. Add the cloves and bay leaf. Cut tomatoes
3. Add tomatoes with little water, black pepper, salt; cook till tomatoes are tender
4. Fry till water dries
5. Add cooked rice and green chilies.
6. Cut sausages into small pieces. Heat remaining oil in frying pan and fry the sausages.
7. Mix rice and sausages in a dish.
8. Take out in a bowl and press down the rive mixture. Turn the bowl over on a plate and serve rice casserole.
Hope you try out this recipe
Happy cooking 😊
& Feel free to share