Easy Chicken Manchurian
Tasty Chicken Manchurian
If you like that sweet & sour taste in curries, then this recipe is definitely for you. First time I had this Chicken Manchurian at my cousin's place and it tasted scrumptious. The next time we visited a Chinese Restaurant (in Dubai) and I immediately ordered this dish. Unfortunately I was really disappointed as it turned out really tasteless. I tried many Restaurants over here but only in Pakistan I found the perfect taste of Chicken Manchurian. This recipe is definetly not a 100% Chinese recipe neither an Indian recipe but maybe it's just an Indian invention of what they think Chinese might be eating. They changed the dish a little into an indian recipe by adding some local spices. So here is the yummy hot steamy Chinese/Indo/Pak recipe:
You will need:
You will need:
- 1/2 kg of (boneless) Chicken
- 1 tbsp of White Pepper Powder
- 1 Egg white
- 4 tbsp Cornflour dissolved in water
- 1 cup of Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp of chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp of Soya Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp of Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp of White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 cup of Oil for frying + 1tbsp for marinating
- Optional (Pinch of red food color and 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder)
- Marinate the Chicken with egg white, 1/2 cornflour, white pepper, salt and 1 tbsp of oil & keep aside for atleast 1/2 hour.
- In a wok pan heat some Oil and fry the marinated Chicken pieces till golden.
- Remove the Chicken from the pan and add some more oil. Then fry the garlic.
- Add vinegar, sugar, soya sauce, ketchup, chilli sauce, chilli powder and the chicken stock. Let it cook for another 10min on low heat (till it comes to boil)
- Gradually add the dissolved cornflour while continuously stirring. Cook till it becomes thick.
- Dish out and garnish with Spring onions and Chilli
If you don't like it too spicy, just skip the chilli Powder. The food color is just to get the original intense red color for presentation which can also be skipped.
Every Chinese dish is usually made with Boness Chicken, but this shouldn't stop you to make this dish.
Hope you enjoy making this easy Desi Chinese Recipe. 😊 Enjoy and let me know how it turned out
Good luck 👍