Date & Chocolate Patties [Ramadan Special]
Exquisite Date & Chocolate Patties
I promise you, these patties will make you addictive. You will just love the combination of these three ingredients. Chocolate and dates make the sweetest coupling and the pistachios add the perfect nutty balance to these two, an exceptional love story of three 😆.
I usually add chopped milk chocolate to this, but u can just use your favorite chocolate spread. If you really want it to turn out to a hearty dish, use the best possible quality chocolate. In case you don't like pistachios, you may use walnuts, cashew-nuts or almonds as well. Try out this recipe for Iftar* in Ramadan* or just as in between snack anytime.
So here is the mouth-watering recipe:
Makes approx. 8 small patties
- 250g Puff Pastry dough
- 1/3 cup Dates (soft) chopped
- 1/3 cup Milk chocolate (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Pistachios (chopped)
- 6 tsp Chocolate spread
- 1 Egg
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into equal sized square pieces.
- Place little chocolate spread, some chopped dates, pistachios and chopped chocolate in the center of each piece.
- Fold over each piece in half to get triangle shaped patties.
- Seal the edges with fork and apply beaten egg on the patties.
- Grease a baking tray and place the patties in it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Take out from the oven and serve hot.
Hope you will enjoy making this delicious patties.
Happy Baking 😋
*Ramadan: Islamic month when Muslims fast
*Sahur (Sehri): Morning meal (before Sunrise)
*Iftar: Evening Meal (after Sunset)