Austrian Pancake Recipe
I totally love these Chocolate Crêpes and so will you. There are so many ways of enjoying this recipe. This following recipe is the basic method and you can make various of fillings. Those who are not so much into sweet Crêpe, may also try making this with some creamy mushroom sauce filling or tuna fish.
And whosoever is like me, addicted to sweets, should try the sweet version with either chocolate or jam, fresh fruits and whipping cream.
Kids and toddlers usually love eating Crêpe as well. If you want them to eat the healthier version then just make these Austrian Pancakes filled with some fresh berries and little cream. Also banana goes very well with these Crêpes.
Here is the basic recipe:
(Makes 4 thin Crêpes)
- 1 Egg
- 100g All Purpose Flour
- 120ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Sparkling Soda
- Butter to grease
- Salt to taste
- Mix the egg, flour and milk in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes. The mixture will become thicker.
- Add a shot of mineral soda and give it a mix again.
- Grease a pan with butter and pour a big spoon of the mixture in the center of the pan and spread it to a thin big circle by moving the pan.
- Ones cooked from one side, flip it and let it cook from the the side.
- Remove and spread some Nutella or chocolate spread into the crepe.
- Serve hot
Hope you will enjoy making this recipe.
Happy cooking 😋