Chocolate Ganache Cake
Chocolate Ganache Cake
The Secret behind a good Chocolate Cake
This Chocolate Ganache Cake Recipe is the most baked cake of mine. Kids love this cake and even we do. Chocolate has its very own flavor specially if made with real chocolate instead of using only Coco-powder. I would always recommend to use the best possible chocolate for this recipe. Use the chocolate you like the most, use good branded chocolate. I often use Lindt Dark Chocolate as it's one of my favorite and the cake truly turns out toothsome. So here is the secret behind a really good cake → a real good quality chocolate. The following recipe is a German Recipe and that's why the measurements are given in grams. You will get the best results if you use a kitchen scale.
So here is the recipe:
Makes approx. 8 pieces
Baking time approx. 40 mins
- 175g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 175g Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs (room temperature)
- 250g All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa-Powder
- 50g Dark Chocolate (melted)
- 450g Whipping Cream
- 375g Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C and butter or spray a non-stick baking pan (22cm) 8-inch
- In a bowl beat together the butter and the sugar till color changes into a light one.
- Then gradually add one by one egg and mix in between.
- In another bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder and the cocoa-powder.
- In a double boiler melt the dark chocolate and keep aside to cool.
- Add the dry ingredient slowly into the wet ingredients (do not over beat)
- Mix the melted chocolate into the cake batter
- Pour the batter into a non-stick baking pan and bake for approx. 40mins at 180 degree C.
Making of the Ganache:
- Cook the whipping cream in a pot till it comes to a boil (it takes only 1-2 mins, so keep at eye on it) & turn of the stove.
- Then add the broken chocolate into the hot cream and mix nicely (you can beat it with the mixer for 30sec)
- Cool the chocolate and use half of it for the cake filling and half for decorating the cake.
- Cake is baked ones you insert the toothpick and it comes out clean.
- To pipe the cake with a even more stiffer ganache you can reduce the amount of whipping cream and increase the amount of chocolate.
- If you want a fancy cake you can always add some smarties or cookies on the top of the chocolate cake or simply just shave a chocolate bar with a peeler and spread it on the cake.
Hope you will enjoy baking the cake!
Good luck & happy baking :)